We process all classic fibre types from single-mode to step-index multimode to gradient-index fibres. We usually source the fibre raw material from various manufacturers in Germany, but also internationally depending on the application.
Of course, we also process fibres provided by the customer, which have already been selected or qualified by the customer.
Polymer optical fibres made of PMMA are mostly used for data transmission, in lighting or sensor technology. The usable wavelengths are largely limited to the visible range and the transmittable powers are low.
- Diameter from 0.5 ... 2.0 mm
- material: PMMA
- typical NA: 0.51
- Cost-effective processing
- already available with sheathing
- large beam angle
- poor polishability
- end surfaces very sensitive to scratches
- No high power transmittable
Glass fibres are mostly used in the form of fibre bundles for lighting technology (cold light sources, etc.) or in sensor technology. Here, good transmission can be combined with high flexibility. For special sensor applications, fibre bundles can also be statistically mixed or processed as a line.
- Single fibre diameter: 30...70µm
- material: optical glass
- typical NA: 0,5
- high flexibility due to thin single fibres
- good polishability
- usable at higher temperatures
- limited wavelength range (visible light)
- not suitable for UV or IR
High-quality fibres made of pure quartz (fused silica) with adapted coatings are used for special wavelength ranges or high powers. Transmitted laser powers of several kW are quite common.
- Material: fused silica
- UV-VIS (High-OH)
- VIS-IR (Low-OH)
- Step index fibres from 50 ... 1500 µm core diameter
- typical NA: 0.22 (0.1 ... 0.39)
- Jackets made of polyimide, Tefzel, Nylon or Hard-Clad.
- high laser damage thresholds
- different cross-sections (rectangular, octagonal, rectangular) possible
- special multi-clad cross-sections available for diode lasers
- usable for high temperatures or vacuum, depending on cladding and coating
- special fibre types or large fibre cross-sections usually price-intensive